How to Contribute
Any help to maintain this website is appreciated !
If you would like to help the TRAC community build this page, please follow the steps below:
- 2.On the top right corner of this GitHub Repository, click forkYou have now successfully "copied" this website into your GitHub account ! Now all changes you make will be under your account.
- 3.When you are done editing a file, you can save the changes
- 4.Then, go back to your main Repository page
- 5.Click on Contribute and then Open Pull Request
- 6.You can write a description, then click Create Pull Request
- 7.The changes will then be sent back to my main Repository pending my review. Done !
- 3.Log in to your GitHub account on the extension
- 4.In the browser window popup, you will receive your authorization token
- 5.Copy the token, and switch back to VS Code
- 6.Select Signing in to github.com... in the Status bar, paste the token, and hit Enter
- 7.Once signed in, click on Open Folder to select a local folder that will serve as your working directory
- 8.Open your browser, and copy the address of your GitHub Repository.Mine, for example, is: https://github.com/Valcyclovir/tracdeepdive
- 9.Go back to VS code, press F1
- 10.On the command palette, type the following:git clone <paste the address you copied on step 8 here>
Your GitHub Repository is now on VS code and you can use it to edit tracdeepdive !
The principle is the same as before. Once you're done editing a page, ctrl+s to save the edited file on your local computer, then commit it to your GitHub Repository, and finally, create a Pull Request to my main Repository for my review. Everything can be done within VS Code !
Welcome to the #derpdive gang and thanks for contributing !